We hope that you find some or all of the following selection of prayers helpful and/or comforting.
- God of welcome, take our mustard seed of faith; nourish it with the Holy Spirit, that confidence will grow within us to speak your words of invitation.
- God of welcome, plant the seed of compassion in those who hear your word. Nourish it with the Holy Spirit that their vision will grow and their commitment will flourish.
- Loving God, I offer myself to you: My mind - to imagine the possibilities of your kingdom; my eyes - to see the needs of others; my ears to hear the cries of the world; my voice - to share your Good News; my hands - to work in your service; my feet - to walk the path set before me; my heart - to love You above all things. Grant me to know that which is worth knowing; to love that which is worth loving; to praise that which can bear with praise; to hate what is, in your sight, unworthy; to prize what to you is precious; and, above all, to search out and to do what is well-pleasing unto you; through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Thomas a Kempis)
- O God, you are the light of the minds that know you, the life of the souls that love you, and the strength of the wills that serve you: help me to know You that I may truly love You, and so to love You that I may fully serve You, whom to serve is perfect freedom. (Augustine of Hippo)
- All this day , O Lord let me touch as many lives as possible for thee; and every life I touch, do thou by thy spirit quicken, whether through the word I speak, the prayer I breathe, or the life I live. The Personal prayer of Mary Sumner.
- Gentle God breathe love within us and breathe love between us.
- Lord give me the strength I need for this day's work, and be ever near me and near to those I love. Even if I forget you Lord, I know you remember me.
- Remember Lord, in your mercy, all those whom I love, all those who love me, all who have done me good and all for whom I ought to pray.
- Lord, I thank you for all the many blessings which I have. Give me always a contented mind, a cheerful heart, and a ready will, that I can spend in the service of others.
- Lord, let happen whatever you will, whenever you will. Whatever you will, I accept because you will it, and because you will it, I have courage. My heart rests safely in your hands!
- Lord, enfold the sick and the suffering in your love, and give tender hearts and healing hands to all those caring for such people.
- Father, give me the light of the Holy Spirit so that I may see what I ought to do and then give me the strength to do it.
- Almighty God, you have created humankind in your image, male and female. May our relationships be based on equality and mutual support.
- Lord, we pray for peace in our families and for the provision of our families' needs. Where there are difficulties, strengthen our commitments to one another and give us the grace to persevere.